Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Simply Jane

The Papertrey Ink release in January had this gorgeous set called Simply Jane that has a matching set of dies and also DP designed by Dawn McVey.  What fun to work with.  I didn't have a chance to work with it right away but when I got the chance I played hard.  This is one of my favorites.  I layered some of the DP onto my card base and then used the dies to cut out the frame and silhouette.  Of course it didn't look great against the patterned paper so I used a Nestabilities to cut out a dark brown oval to place under the images.  The frame and silhouette were stamped with Memento Desert Sand.  I realize it's very hard to see the sentiment but it is also stamped in Desert Sand.  I used a technique shown on a Papertrey Make It Monday video on January 31st.  The idea is to stamp the sentiment onto a banner and make it stand out by folding it back and forth.  I used the back side of the DP and think it turned out well.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: