Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Bea

Today is my sister's birthday and this is the card I sent to her.  While I was up on the Gina K or maybe it was the Stamp TV site I saw an ad for Hancock Fabrics having a sale in the Janome Sew Mini.  I've been wanting to try sewing on cards but my machine at home is a big one and just hate to drag it out for one card.  Well we were driving down the street a few days later and I saw the sign for Hancock Fabrics and talked Bruce into turning around and letting me see if they still had any.  They did so I bought one, then of course I had to buy thread and bobbins and needles.  This was my first attempt at sewing on a card and needless to say I am going to have to practice a lot more.  I used the Papertrey Ink's All Booked Up set for the card and Background Basic Text Style on the blue layer and on the book mark.
Hopefully I will be able to master the art of sewing on cards and future efforts will be better.
Thanks for stopping by.  (You'll notice I didn't ask if you like it or not, I'm not pushing it)

No comments: