Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Recycling Christmas

We crafters are the original recyclers I believe.  We will use what ever we can to make cards.  These two cards are an example.  According to the post office whatever is delivered by mail, unsolicited, belongs to us to use as we want.  These two cards use the front of some sample cards sent out hoping that you will order sets of cards from that company.  The cards were gorgeous but huge.  I cut down the front of those cards and made 14 new cards.  The front of my cards used about 2/3rds of the original card.  Originally I had only intended to make this top card, all I did was attach it to a red card base and was done.  Well then I took a look at what was left and couldn't throw out the leftovers.  What to do, oh what to do?
  
Well I pulled out my black Papertrey Ink card stock and went looking for some gold card stock and found some Gina K Pure Luxury Good as Gold card stock.  Now normally I would center the focal point on the gold card stock and then center that onto the card base, however when I picked up the stack of papers it was all offset like you see it here and I liked the look.  I took some of the gold card stock and embossed the sentiment with black detail embossing powder and cut it out with a Nestabilities label and mounted it with some black brads.  So there you have it my adventure in recycling, gotta love it!  Hope you like them and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: