Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Krafty Birthdays

The card ministry group that I belong to at my church held a creative retreat this past Saturday.
The idea was to teach how to make cards using basic items that you might have around the house.
These are two of the cards I designed as samples of what you can do with tissue paper and double sided sticky tape.  First of all I used kraft card stock for the bases then for both cards I took bubble wrap and created the background just by stamping with Memento Rich Cocoa.  The card on the left I ran glue stick all over the card base and after crumpling up the tissue paper I spread it over the glue, pressing down firmly, then I bubble wrap stamped it.  I put another layer of kraft and stamped again with bubble wrap.  Finally I tore some tissue and glued it down and stamped the sentiment.
The card on the right was easier to do with just two layers.  After I stamped the bubble wrap over the card base I layered some more kraft card stock and stamped the sentiment.  I ran a layer of double sided tape and carefully sprinkled green and copper glitter on it and pressed it down with my finger.
The leaves are some that I have had laying around for years so I just positioned three of them and added a green gem to the center.
We had a lot of fun at the retreat and none of the cards made turned out looking anything like mine but all were fabulous.  My cards were intended to be a jumping off point and the ladies took them and ran with great results.
Hope you like them and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: