Friday, January 22, 2010

A Remade Card


I posted yesterday about projects I've been working on and this is part of one of them. I belong to a Card Ministry at my church. Our mission is to send cards to members that can't make to mass for what ever reason, cards for anniversaries (I think it's 45 years or more) birthdays of anyone 85 or older etc. Lots of reasons. Some of our parishioners donate cards that they have been given or sent to them from various organizations that they can't or won't use. We of course can't use them as is so at our last meeting we gathered a bunch of them up and took them home to design cards with parts of the cards. Whew, what a long explanation for this simple card.
I took the front of one card and used the focal point only to make this Valentines card. It had the torn look to begin with so I just "tore" the focal image out and used Memento Lady Bug to color the edges. Plopped it on the DP (Basic Grey Lemonade) and I'm done.
I'll post a couple more cards done like this tomorrow. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: