Monday, October 31, 2011

An Oopsie Halloween

One of the mantras of card makers is that when ever you goof on a card it's just another opportunity for embellishments.  This card is an example.
I love working with vellum, I really do, BUT it is so darn hard to attach it to any thing.  In this case I pulled out my vellum tape and used it on the four corners, but you could still see it, bummer.  So I thought about it and decided to make some photo corners.  Well I went looking for my punch and instead found this leaf punch and went with that instead.  I just punched the leaves from some of the Basic Grey Indian Summer DP that I had used for this card.  The card base is DCWV, the DP is Indian Summer and the Ghost is Penny Black.  I had stamped the ghost onto kraft and it came out well so I didn't use the embossing powder.
Great, the card was all done, or so I thought, when I went to put a sheet of white paper on the inside I realized I had assembled it upside down. LOL  I quickly pulled the focal piece off and turned it around and all was well.
  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: