Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas Trees from Scratch

These cards are designs made up for a Creative retreat that the Card Ministry that I belong to at my church is putting on next month.  The idea is to teach people how to get in touch with the creative side of themselves that they have let go of in the course of daily living.  We want to keep it very simple and basic and help them to look around the house and use things they already have to make cards.
               

In these four cards I just used card stock and embellishments to make the trees.  The trees are just squares of green card stock cut in half and layered on top of each other.  The card bases are all just white card stock and the first layer is just red with the sentiment stamped on it.  I placed the trees on that and then 'decorated' the trees.  The tree with the ornament stickers is my least favorite, if I could do it over I'd use only one sticker at the top and call it done.  The card next to it and the one above were just decorated with pens and the top left card with some bling.  The button was and after thought and I'm still thinking about it.
What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: