Thursday, October 11, 2012

Barnwood Technique

On Stamp TV Sep. 18th, Gina K demonstrated a technique to make a background that looks like weathered barn wood.  I really loved it so I had to copy it.  I only changed the greeting.  You can see the video here Autumn Forest with Woodgrain Barn Wood.  It is so simple and makes such a great background.  The technique for the trees is also a neat trick.  My one caution is when using the colorless blender pen don't and I mean don't get too close to the edge.  The color will bleed outside the lines and it doesn't look pretty.  Please don't ask me how I know this.
It is a technique I plan to use again.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
P.S.  I've been busy making cards and cleaning up outside so that's why I haven't posted lately.

No comments: