Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Year of Flowers

While I was in Sarasota I ordered Melanie Muenchinger's Year of Flowers book/magazine from Annie's Attic and was fascinated with the designs and cards created with this stamp set from Gina K.  I had the Year of Flowers line art set but not the Pressed Flowers set that is designed to match.  I'm not sure just what this flower is but I really had fun using it.
First off is the card base, Pool from Ellen Hutson and the DP is from Memory Box Minuet.
I stamped the flower first with Memento Blue Sky then used a Memento marker Bahama Blue to highlight around the center after I used the Memento marker in Cantaloupe to color it.
I then used Nestabilities circle to cut it out and a Scalloped circle to cut out the mat in Memory Box Granny Smith (really close match to the tiny leaves in the DP).
Side note: when you order Memory Box paper packs from Ellen Hutson they give a list of the Memory Box card stock colors that match the DP's, very helpful.
I happened to glance at the top of my very cluttered desk and saw this ribbon laying there (not sure where it's from, I think it was a freebie) and noticed that it was a good match for my card, so I ran it down the front and pleated it a bit at the bottom.E
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: