Saturday, January 7, 2012

Embossed Birthday

This is another of the embossed cards I made last week.  I've always loved the technique of using two (or more) embossing folders on a single layer.  The Happy Birthday folder is a great one to use with many of the others.  For this card I paired it with the Swiss Dots folder leaving a space between the two designs.  I scored two lines and ran a bit of ribbon between them.  A very easy card to make and it looks like it takes a lot of work (let's let that be our little secret).
I've done this on colored card stock also and it can be really festive.  Looking at this has given me some ideas for other cards.  I think I might try it with two different colors of card stock and cover the seam with a third????
Hope you like this one and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

I never thought to use two folders like this - what a great idea, and wonderful card.
Cheers, Karen