Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thank You Gina K


While Gina K was incapacitated with a detached retina older videos were run on StampTV. This sparked my imagination and I really wanted to make cards using this technique. It's called Inking a CuttleBug folder and it is such a simple technique but it gives the card such impact.
It can be subtle or vibrant depending on the design and colors used. I needed to make some Thanksgiving cards and thought it would be such an easy fast card to make. Well I suppose it would be if I was less math challenged. I'm not sure why but when I get and idea of how I want a card to look and then have to figure out mats and layers I get totally discombobulated. For this card I new that I wanted to have several layers and I fumbled around looking at card stock to get my colors (this was of course after I had made the CuttleBug layer) and settled for a soft green and brown on Papertrey's Fine Linen as my card base. I used Memento's Tangelo to color the embossing folder. Since I had a few spots that didn't cover well and one pumpkin that got some color I had to get into the 'what do I do now' mode. I put the sentiment from Papertrey's Gobble Gobble set over the missing color then tapped in some Memento Potters Clay on each of the pumpkins. A little ribbon from my stash and I was done. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
P.S. I can't believe I went almost 2 weeks without making a card, and my desk is still a mess lol.

No comments: