Friday, October 15, 2010

A Simple Thanksgiving


When I got a chance to make some cards I pulled out my Papertrey Gobble Gobble set. I wanted to design a set that I could make very quickly and this is what I came up with.
First of all I just stamped directly onto the card base and I kept the stamping to a minimum. I stamped the turkey's body first then masked it and stamped the feathers. The masking was simply onto a post-it note, making sure that I had the feet on the sticky part, than cutting it out. For the feathers I used the Memento tear drop pads in Cantaloupe and Potters Clay. I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of orange textured paper and cut it out with a Nestabilities ribbon tag and used some ribbon from my stash. Last but not least I stamped the acorn across the bottom with Memento Desert Sand.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: