Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Mary

I had to come up with something special for my cousin Mary's birthday.  I decided to combine a few techniques and colors for her card.  I used the Beautiful Butterflies set from Papertrey Ink stamped in Memento Love Letter and added a couple of rhinestones. It is stamped on a die cut and I stamped the antenna directly onto the barn wood layer.  The other times that I've used the barn wood technique I used brown and grey or blue and grey, this time I thought okay, barns are red so that's how I rolled.  Memento Love Letter first then Grey Flannel over top.  After I finished the butterfly I felt that it looked a little to bare so I went into my stash and pulled out a string of small red rhinestones for a little flourish.
Hopefully she'll like it (especially since I'm adding a little something, something into the card).
Hope you like it also and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: