Monday, July 2, 2012

At my last Card Ministry meeting we had a discussion about holding some craft retreats again in the fall.  We discussed several options of topics to play around with and this is one that I came up with.  I thought it would be fun to see what a card would look like when colored with plain old crayons.  So the other day I pulled out a couple of old favorite stamps that are of the line art type and went back to kindergarten and had a whole bunch of fun.  My first task was to set up my card base and find a DP that would work, I found this piece in my scrap drawer and it provided a good color pallette for me to work with.  Then I dumped out my Crayola box of 24 colors and used the red/violet hues along with the yellow/green colors.  It really is so much fun to play with colors and crayons are just as much fun as ever.  After I had the flower colored I took a grey crayon and outlined the petals for a little bit of shading.  I mounted the image onto a piece of burgundy card stock and then stamped the sentiment on a double ended strip of card stock.  I did one more card with crayons and I'll post that one tomorrow.  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: