Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mistakes


I know that I've posted a card with this stamp before but I had to show my "mistake". I used Impression Obsession's "Hydrangea Ribbon" on a beige paper and colored it to see how it would turn out. Using my Copics I colored the ribbon just slightly and the edge a little darker. The flowers of course got a touch of deeper colors. It really turned out nice and I decided to make a card with my "experiment" . Well, it just goes to show how fickle things can be. I found this DP scrap that had similar colors to the flowers, then I matted it on white and a sort of cranberry paper. Then I decided to take a Versamark Dew Drop (Gingerbread) and highlight each layers edge. Then at the last moment I stamped the sentiment (Stampendous Everyday Messages #2 Set). When it was all assembled I noticed that there was an ink mark where the acrylic block edge had hit the paper. What to do, what to do??? Aha--bling. I searched my stash and found some rhinestones that could hide my "Mistake" . Remember diamonds are a girls best friend. Have fun today.

No comments: